Thanks to Super Sod Store for this great infographic
Questions? Contact US Anytime →
April Lawn Tips
April is the perfect month to start preparing your lawn for the summer months. With a little bit of care and attention, you can have a lush, green lawn that you’ll be proud to show off.
Here are some tips for April lawn care:
- Rake your lawn. Raking removes dead leaves and debris, which can smother your grass and prevent it from growing.
- Aerate your lawn. Aerating helps to improve drainage and airflow in your soil, which can help your grass grow healthier.
- Overseed your lawn. Overseeding is a great way to fill in any bare spots in your lawn and thicken it up.
- Fertilize your lawn. Fertilizing provides your grass with the nutrients it needs to grow strong and healthy.
- Water your lawn regularly. Water your lawn deeply and infrequently to encourage deep root growth.
- Control weeds. Weeds can compete with your grass for nutrients and water, so it’s important to control them.
- Inspect your lawn for pests and diseases. If you see any pests or diseases, take steps to control them immediately.
By following these tips, you can have a beautiful lawn that you’ll enjoy all summer long.
- Sharpen your lawn mower blades. Dull blades can tear up your grass and make it more susceptible to disease.
- Mow your lawn regularly. Mowing your lawn at the right height and frequency will help it stay healthy and looking its best.
- Mulch your lawn clippings. Mulching your lawn clippings helps to keep the soil moist and cool, and it also provides nutrients to your grass.
- Don’t walk on your lawn when it’s wet. Walking on a wet lawn can compact the soil and damage the grass roots.
- Be patient. It takes time and effort to have a beautiful lawn. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep following these tips and you’ll be on your way to a great lawn in no time.
and even more …
for a Healthy Lawn
1. Mow the lawn regularly – A regular mowing schedule will help to remove clippings and other debris from the lawn, which will help to keep it healthy and free of weed growth.
2. Apply a fertilizer – A quality fertilizer will help to promote healthy grass growth, and can also help to control weed growth.
3. Water the lawn adequately – Keep an eye on the weather forecast and make sure to water the lawn regularly throughout the summer months and in dry periods in between rains. Over-watering can lead to root damage or even erosion in your soil, which can be harmful to your lawn overall.
4. Fertilize in the fall – Apply a fertilizer in the fall to help to prepare your lawn for winter. Over-fertilization can also result in lawn weed growth.
5. Prune the trees and shrubs – Keep your trees and shrubs healthy by pruning them regularly, which will promote proper air circulation and prevent overgrowth.